1/1 Photo of Chicken & Broccoli Bow-Tie Pasta Salad
From Kraft foods with some modifications. A nice main meal salad. This can be made ahead and served chilled as a cold salad or made and served immediately as a hot salad. I prefer the hot salad. (Kraft recommends using 6 oz of their grilled chicken strips but I prefer fresh chicken over packaged - use what you are most comfortable serving). ***Update*** Based on the review I wanted to let you know what I took out of the original recipe - it called for 1/2 c sliced olives. I was thinking if you want a really strong flavor - try a very Zesty Italian Dressing or saute your chicken with garlic and add chopped onions to the final dish. Maybe that would perk it up for those that like things a bit spicier. The original way is a method in which my kids will eat it but I understand how adults may want a bit more zing.***
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups farfalle pasta, uncooked (bow-tie)
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 lb cooked chicken (cut into strips)
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup zesty light Italian dressing
- 1/4 cup sharp light cheddar cheese (shredded or crumbled)
- 1/4 cup monterey jack cheese (shredded or crumbled)
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese (grated)
- 1Cook pasta according to directions.
- 2Add broccoli to the cooking water of the pasta during the last 4 minutes of the pasta cooking time.
- 3Drain pasta and broccoli.
- 4Toss chicken, tomatoes, dressing, monterey and cheddar cheese together in a large salad bowl.
- 5Add pasta mixture; mixing lightly.
- 6Sprinkle top with parmesan cheese.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken & Broccoli Bow-Tie Pasta Salad
Serving Size: 1 (284 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 500.0
- Calories from Fat 156
- Total Fat 17.4 g
- Saturated Fat 5.4 g
- Cholesterol 98.9 mg
- Sodium 512.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 42.3 g