Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a dish that has been in my family for as many years as I care to remember. Very rich & elegant. We serve it over rice with a crisp green salad.
- 6 boneless chicken breasts
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 2 packages frozen broccoli stems
- 1 (16 ounce) container sour cream
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 1⁄2 cups mayonnaise
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 -2 teaspoon curry powder
- black pepper
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Defrost frozen broccoli throughly.
- In a large skillet sautee chicken breasts and garlic& mushrooms in chicken broth and white wine about 4 minutes each side or until no longer pink.
- In a large bowl mix together sour cream, cream of chicken soup, mayonaise& spices.
- In a casserole dish layer thawed broccoli and then chicken& mushrooms.
- bake at 350 for 35 minutes until mixture bubbles.
- Remove and sprinkle cheddar cheese and return to back 10-15 minutes more until cheese slightly browns.
This does remind me of the type of chicken my mom used to fix! Loved the addition of the curry powder and the broccoli added great color and taste. It was wonderful served over rice. Thanks, Cher!
I must admit that after reading the ingredients, I was totally skeptical. But I was running late at work and had to get dinner done quickly. I decided to try it knowing that the kids eat everything. I made it and was blown away by the taste. I used Molly McButters' garlic powder, It has great flavor. Anyway the meal was delicious. My fiance really "LOVED IT". It was very flavorful and the sauce is very rich. Good meal I will be making it more often.
This was great Cher! So easy to make and so tasty. As you know I didn't have curry powder so I decided not to try and substitue so I left that out but the taste was great! I had to sneak in the white wine as SO hates wine *LOL (what they don't know and all that)! Everyone loved it, I should have doubled the recipe! Thanks again!