Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
I loved this, but after the first time making it, I decided to double the sauce ingredients. There wasn't nearly enough sauce for me. I like extra for my rice.
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 1⁄2-3 lbs broiler-fryer chickens, cut up
- 1 bunch broccoli, cut into thin stalks
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans condensed cream of chicken soup
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In 13" by 9" baking pan, melt butter or margarine in oven.
- With potholders, remove pan from oven.
- With tongs, roll chicken in melted butter or margarine; sprinkle with 1 tsp.
- Bake 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in 12-inch skillet over medium heat, in 1 inch boiling water, heat broccoli and 1 1/2 teaspoons salt to boiling; cover and cook 1 minute; drain.
- In medium bowl, stir undiluted soup, milk and ginger until well blended.
- Push chicken to one end of baking dish; arrange broccoli at other end; pour soup mixture over all.
- Cover with foil and bake 20 minutes more or until chicken and broccoli are tender.
- Serve with rice.
Just made it. Best chicken in a sauce I have ever had. Filled the house with a great arouma. :)