Recipe by punkyluv
From Healthy Cooking magazine. A healthier version of the classic comfort food.
Top Review by Local Expert
I used macaroni instead of egg noodles (cut it down to 2 1/2 cups of uncooked macaroni). It was very good! I also added a bit cheddar in the sauce mix, in addition to that sprinkled on top. I will definitely make it again, this time with smaller cubes of chicken.
- 4 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 teaspoons butter
- 5 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup nonfat milk
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken breasts
- 3 cups fozen chopped broccoli, thawed and drained
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick saucepan over medium heat, cook onion in butter until tender. Stir in the four, salt, and pepper until blended. gradually stir in broth and milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stirfor 1-2 minutes or until thickend.
- Remove from heat. Drain noodles; place in a 2 quart baking dish coated with cooking spray. Stir in 1 cup sauce. Layer with chicken, broccoli and remaining sauce.
- cover and bake at 350 for 30 minutes. uncover; sprinkle with cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until heated through and cheese is melted.