Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
A lot of work with this one but so worth it. I have family members actually call me for leftovers.
- 2 whole boneless chicken breasts (sliced into 1/4 inch strips)
- 2 heads fresh broccoli florets (chopped bite size)
- 8 ounces real butter or 8 ounces olive oil, maybe substituted
- 2 -3 tablespoons minced garlic, to taste
- 1 (13 ounce) bottle white wine
- 16 ounces heavy cream
- 1 (16 ounce) packageshredded parmesan cheese
- 8 ounces grated parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large skillet melt butter over high heat.
- In the mean while blanch your broccoli and cook ziti according to directions and set aside (don not rinse ziti).
- Add chicken pieces to skillet and saute approximately 4 minutes.
- Toss in minced garlic and sautéed 2 more minutes.
- Add white cooking wine and reduce by half.
- Now add your heavy cream and bring to a boil cooking for approximately 3 minutes You will notice the mixture beginning to thicken.
- Add entire package of shredded parmesan cheese.
- Stir thoroughly.
- Add your salt and pepper and taste.
- Now add your grated parmesan little by little until mixture is a creamy consistency (you may need more than specified).
- Add broccoli and ziti to mixture and toss.
No way the white wine amount is correct. I added about 1/2 cup or so and a little stock and it turned out delicious