Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a recipe I got from a neighbor lady in Terre Haute, IN, when I was about 15 years old. I just love to cook and I love this casserole!!! Its Simple and Easy to make!
- 2 lbs chicken breasts
- 2 (10 ounce) cream of chicken soup
- 14 ounces frozen chopped broccoli
- 2 (6 ounce) boxes chicken flavor stuffing mix
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups water
- Bake Chicken Breast in a 9x13 baking dish at 350* for approximately 35 minutes. Drain fluids from baking pan, cube the chicken into 1 inch squares.
- Next Combine the soup, Broccoli and Stuffing mix with a cup of water in a bowl until mixed thoroughly.
- Place cubed chicken into the bottom of the 9x13, smooth stuffing mixture over the chicken, and cover with the shredded cheddar.
- Bake at 350* for approximately 30 minutes.
- Let cool for 10 minutes, dip and enjoy!
I made this today, because it was simple, and I had all the ingredients already. It's simple and good, my husband LOVED it. I make way fancier meals a lot of the time that don't get this much praise! This one's going in the arsenal when I need to throw something together quickly. I followed the recipe ALMOST exactly. I didn't used chopped broccoli, just regular florets, and I used cheddar AND Velveeta, because I had it, and I like it. I wouldn't serve this necessarily if I were trying to impress anybody, but for a weeknight meal it's a keeper!
Good casserole I made it with and without the chicken. I make it without chicken for a side. Both ways are very good. I did cook the broccoli before adding. Very good recipe, thanks for sharing (:
I made this recipe for the 2009 Spring PAC. I am glad that I did. I like the recipes where you pretty much throw everything together and go. I did not use the chopped Broccoli I used just plain frozen broccoli. I did not have any problems. It turned out just perfect. The only problem with the broccoli is that it just takes you longer to shovel it in, since you have to cut some of the broccoli. LOL This is a keeper I believe, especially if you have kids and want them to eat the broccoli! What parent doesn't need help with that at times!!?? This is a good down home Kudos.