1/2 Photos of Chicken, Broccoli and Rice Casserole
Therese Crosby's Note:
This recipe was passed to me by my sister.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 teaspoons butter
- 1 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast (cut into small pieces)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup diced Velveeta cheese
- 2 cups cooked instant rice
- 1 (10 ounce) box frozen broccoli, cut, thawed, drained
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 2 cups shredded cheese (your preference)
- 1Melt butter over high heat, add chopped mushrooms.
- 2Cook and stir for about 2 minutes.
- 3Add onion and chicken pieces.
- 4Reduce heat to medium high and cook until chicken is just cooked through.
- 5Stir in garlic and cook for about a minute longer.
- 6Add undiluted chicken soup and velveeta cheese, stir until cheese is melted.
- 7Remove from heat and add cooked rice, thawed broccoli, sour cream, and pepper.
- 8Spoon mixture together and spoon into casserole dish sprayed with cooking oil.
- 9Spread shredded cheese over top and bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees.
- 10NOTE: Instant rice makes this a quick and easy recipe.
- 11Instant rice can be made in the microwave in about 4 minutes while the chicken is cooking.
- 12If you prefer other rice then make it ahead of time.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken, Broccoli and Rice Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (230 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 342.9
- Calories from Fat 140
- Total Fat 15.6 g
- Saturated Fat 8.2 g
- Cholesterol 69.8 mg
- Sodium 640.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 22.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: