This recipe was passed to me by my sister.
Make and share this Chicken, Broccoli and Rice Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 4 teaspoons butter
- 1 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast (cut into small pieces)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup diced Velveeta cheese
- 2 cups cooked instant rice
- 1 (10 ounce) box frozen broccoli, cut, thawed, drained
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 2 cups shredded cheese (your preference)
- Melt butter over high heat, add chopped mushrooms.
- Cook and stir for about 2 minutes.
- Add onion and chicken pieces.
- Reduce heat to medium high and cook until chicken is just cooked through.
- Stir in garlic and cook for about a minute longer.
- Add undiluted chicken soup and velveeta cheese, stir until cheese is melted.
- Remove from heat and add cooked rice, thawed broccoli, sour cream, and pepper.
- Spoon mixture together and spoon into casserole dish sprayed with cooking oil.
- Spread shredded cheese over top and bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees.
- NOTE: Instant rice makes this a quick and easy recipe.
- Instant rice can be made in the microwave in about 4 minutes while the chicken is cooking.
- If you prefer other rice then make it ahead of time.