Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This one dish recipe comes from Land O'Lake's cookbook 20-Minute Chicken.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (8 ounce) packagesliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 (6 ounce) packagechicken flavored quick cooking long grain and wild rice blend
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped broccoli
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- In heavy nonstick skillet, heat olive oil and butter, and saute onion until translucent.
- Add chicken and cook over medium heat until browned on one side, about 4 minutes.
- Turn chicken and add mushrooms, and cook until chicken is browned on second side.
- Remove chicken from pan.
- Add water, rice, and seasoning packet to skillet with mushrooms.
- Place chicken around edge of skillet.
- Add broccoli to center.
- Cook over medium heat until mixture boils.
- Then reduce heat to low, cover, and cook 10 minutes.
- Stir to mix broccoli with rice mixture.
- Add sour cream and heat another 1-2 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cheese, cover, let stand 2 minutes to melt cheese, and serve.