Recipe by Koch Kevin
Good down home comfort food! If you like one pot meals you should enjoy this. Creamy and easy to make a ton on a budget, what more could you ask for?
Top Review by mama smurf
Made this using leftover rotisserie chicken that I had in the freezer and I seasoned it up then added some minced garlic and the rest of the ingredients...delicious. I added some shredded colby cheese on the top and put it back in the oven to brown. Made for Fall Pick-A-Chef 2011.
- 1 lb boneless chicken breast (cut into 1/2 inch cubes)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen broccoli
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 1 teaspoon butter or 1 teaspoon margarine
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 (16 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup (two 8oz cans will do)
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium high heat and add garlic. Cook until garlic just starts to turn yellow and add chicken. Cook until chicken is almost done (barely any pink left in middle and can seperate with a spatula).
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large casserole dish add cooked rice, Cream of Mushroom, Chicken Broth, Brocolli, Salt and Pepper and cooked chicken. Mix well.
- Cover and place in oven for 45mins-1hr.
- Remove, let cool and enjoy!
- Note: if you want it cheesey just add 1 cup shredded cheese and 1/2 cup more of chicken broth.