Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
Freezer friendly and super easy
- 59.16 ml butter, plus more for greasing pan
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 59.14 ml flour
- 473.18 ml milk
- 4.92 ml Dijon mustard
- 2.46 ml sea salt
- fresh black pepper, a few cracks
- 473.18 ml cheddar cheese, shredded
- 118.29 ml cheddar cheese, shredded
- 78.07 ml fresh parmesan cheese, shredded
- 709.77 ml cooked rice
- 473.18-709.77 ml cooked broccoli florets
- Grease a 9x13-inch casserole pan. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large saucepan melt the butter over low heat; add garlic and sauté until fragrant. Whisk in flour and cook 3-4 minutes, whisking constantly. Slowly whisk in milk, mustard and season with salt and pepper, bring to a simmer 4 minutes, whisking occasionally. Add 2 cups of cheddar cheese and parmesan; stir until mostly melted; remove from heat.
- Stir in rice and broccoli florets, pour into casserole pan, sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup cheese over top. Bake 30 minutes until bubbly and lightly golden on top. Allow to set 5 minutes before serving.