Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
Freezer friendly and super easy
Make and share this Chicken Broccoli and Rce Cassorle recipe from Food.com.
- 4 tablespoons butter, plus more for greasing pan
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- fresh black pepper, a few cracks
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄3 cup fresh parmesan cheese, shredded
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 2 -3 cups cooked broccoli florets
- Grease a 9x13-inch casserole pan. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large saucepan melt the butter over low heat; add garlic and sauté until fragrant. Whisk in flour and cook 3-4 minutes, whisking constantly. Slowly whisk in milk, mustard and season with salt and pepper, bring to a simmer 4 minutes, whisking occasionally. Add 2 cups of cheddar cheese and parmesan; stir until mostly melted; remove from heat.
- Stir in rice and broccoli florets, pour into casserole pan, sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup cheese over top. Bake 30 minutes until bubbly and lightly golden on top. Allow to set 5 minutes before serving.