Recipe by BakingGuru
I found this recipe some years ago and it is one of my favorites. It is a dish that the whole family will love and it is healthy and quick after a long day.
Top Review by lydiagail91
The wine in this was way too strong, and other than that it really didn't have any taste. I didn't think that the roux ever got thick enough. I was really disappointed because I absolutely love chicken and pasta!
- 5 cups broccoli florets
- 3⁄4 lb fusilli
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup white wine
- 16 ounces low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook broccoli in a large pot of boiling salted water until crisp-tender, about 4 minute Using a slotted spoon remove broccoli to a large bowl. Add fusilli to same pot and cook pasta al dente (almost done). Drain pasta.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a heavy large skillet over high heat. Crush garlic and add to oil, slice chicken to 1/2 inch strips and add to oil. Be careful not to let the garlic brown or burn. Cook chicken about 5 minutes.
- Using slotted spoon, transfer chicken to a bowl with broccoli. Add wine, chicken broth and cream to the skillet and boil until sauce thickens slightly, about 8 minute Add pasta, broccoli, chicken, and parmesan and toss until mixture is heated through and coated evenly with sauce.