Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I found this recipe some years ago and it is one of my favorites. It is a dish that the whole family will love and it is healthy and quick after a long day.
- 5 cups broccoli florets
- 3⁄4 lb fusilli
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup white wine
- 16 ounces low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Cook broccoli in a large pot of boiling salted water until crisp-tender, about 4 minute Using a slotted spoon remove broccoli to a large bowl. Add fusilli to same pot and cook pasta al dente (almost done). Drain pasta.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a heavy large skillet over high heat. Crush garlic and add to oil, slice chicken to 1/2 inch strips and add to oil. Be careful not to let the garlic brown or burn. Cook chicken about 5 minutes.
- Using slotted spoon, transfer chicken to a bowl with broccoli. Add wine, chicken broth and cream to the skillet and boil until sauce thickens slightly, about 8 minute Add pasta, broccoli, chicken, and parmesan and toss until mixture is heated through and coated evenly with sauce.
The wine in this was way too strong, and other than that it really didn't have any taste. I didn't think that the roux ever got thick enough. I was really disappointed because I absolutely love chicken and pasta!
We're fans of chicken and pasta, but were put off by the mix of wine, oil, and chicken broth. I gave it one star because even tho it reads like a complicated recipe, it didn't take that long to make.
This recipe was INCREDIBLE! Not only did I have fun making it (how can you not with fusilli pasta?!), but it was relatively easy to make and DELICIOUS to the whole family served with garlic bread and field green salad w/white balsamic vin. dressing and of course wine for the adults. The only trouble I had was I should have crushed the garlic and put it in a separate bowl, b/c the high heat caused the first clove to start to brown right away, but if I'd been ready to dump the garlic and chicken in together, it would have been perfect. THANK YOU!!