Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
A tasty, nutty entrée, perfect for poultry lovers. TIME: 40 minutes SERVINGS: 4
- 3 cups broccoli florets, with short stems (about 1/2 lb crowns)
- 2 carrots, cut into thin diagonal slices (2 c)
- 5 ounces soba noodles
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, sliced crosswise (6 oz each)
- 1 tablespoon reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 3 medium scallions, thinly sliced (about 1/2 c)
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth, reduced-sodium, fat-free
- 1⁄2 cup cashews, unsalted raw (3 oz)
- Bring large pot of water to a boil. Add broccoli, carrots, and noodles. Cover and cook until vegetables are crisp-tender, 3 to 5 minutes. Drain, transfer to medium bowl, and cover loosely with wax paper.
- Heat olive oil, ginger, and garlic in wok or large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook, stirring, until garlic starts to turn golden, 1 to 2 minutes. Add chicken, soy sauce, and sesame oil. Stir-fry 4 to 5 minutes, or until cooked through. Add scallions and stir-fry 1 minute.
- Stir in noodles, veggies, and broth and heat through. Sprinkle each portion with 2 tablespoons of the cashews.
- Nutritional info per serving: 398 cal, 30 g pro, 42 g carb, 5 g fiber, 14.5 g fat, 2.5 g sat fat, 47 mg chol, 366 mg sodium.
- Flat Belly Bonus.
- Chicken supplies B vitamins such as niacin and B6, which help keep metabolism, your engine, running smoothly--a must when you're trying.
This was really good...I served it over brown rice.
This is a very beautiful recipe. I love all the ingredients, so I knew I'd love it. I would make a change though. I'd add the soba noodles to the boiling water first, then add the vegetables for a couple of minutes. I found my veggies to be a little too "done" for a stir fry. Also, I think this serves more than 4....it made quite a lot! The presentation is beautiful, and if you get a bite of cashew with each bite, it is salty enough. Otherwise sprinkle a little more soy on it. Quick and easy weeknight meal!