Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS! Great for pasta night! This is one of my family's mainstay dishes and better than you get in the restaurants! We make it as a one-dish meal and just add crusty bread. Easy preparation!
- 6 ounces angel hair pasta
- 2 chicken breasts, cut in pieces
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1⁄3 cup milk (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese (garnish)
- Cook angel hair pasta in salted water until a la denta stage and drain well.
- Cook broccoli florets in boiling water for 3 minutes and drain.
- In a large saucepan, saute chicken pieces until done. Remove and set aside.
- In same pan melt butter and add cream, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Heat for 2 minutes without boiling. Add parmesan cheese and stir to melt. Add chicken pieces, cooked pasta and broccoli florets lightly tossing to coat. If you want more sauce, use optional milk.
- Serve and sprinkle parmesan cheese as a garnish.
This is very delicious! My family loved it. The sauce is just wonderful. I did use angel hair this time, but next time I will use a thicker noodle. I always want to try angel hair, but I'm always disappointed - don't know why. Anyway, this is a wonderful meal and one I will make again. I doubled this recipe for my family of four. Thanks for sharing!
Your right, this is absolutely delicious! I used fettuccini instead of the angel hair, as I like the texture better for a dish like this. I made as directed and it resulted in an excellent tasting dish, and the sauce was great!
This sauce ... is AMAZING. I don't even bother buying storebought alfredo anymore because this just tastes sooooo much better. I use linguine for my pasta, and I put blackening season on my chicken. I pan sear the chicken for a few minutes on each side, and then I put the breasts in the oven for 10mins. PERFECT chicken for this pasta. Although my recipe ends up being cajun chicken alfredo linguine, the sauce still makes it remarkable. Love it!!