Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This brine will give you a moist, tender and flavorful chicken every time! This recipe is for a 3-4 lb chicken, cut into 12 pieces.
- In a gallon-size zipperlock plastic bag, combine the salt, sugar, paprika, garlic cloves and bay leaves.
- With a rubber mallot, smash the garlic into the salt and spice mixture thoroughly.
- Pour the mixture into a large nonreactive bowl.
- Add the buttermilk and stir until salt is completely dissolved.
- Immerse the chicken in the brine, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until fully seasoned, 2-3 hours.
- Coat and fry the chicken.