Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is very good! The subtle flavor of the chicken partners well with the zucchini and the rich cream cheese garlic sauce.
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 3 whole boneless skinless chicken breasts, halved
- 3 cups sliced 1/8 inch zucchini (3 med.)
- 1⁄3 cup green onion, sliced 1/4 inch
For Garlic Cream
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- In 10" skillet, melt 1/4 cup butter until sizzling; add chicken breasts.
- Cook over medium-high heat, turning once, until chicken is browned and fork tender (12 to 15 min.) Add zucchini and onions.
- Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until zucchini is crisp tender (5 to 7 min.).
- Meanwhile, in 2-quart saucepan melt 2 tablespoons of butter until sizzling; add garlic.
- Cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, for 1 minute.
- Add flour; continue cooking until smooth and bubbly (1 minute).
- Add remaining garlic cream ingredients.
- Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until sauce is thickened (5 to 7 minutes).
- If desired, you can serve zucchini and chicken over rice; pour sauce over chicken.
This is a FANTASTIC recipe. I've substituted broccoli for the zucchini when not in season. That garlic cream sauce is out of this world. A must try!
We really enjoyed this!! We did find our chicken a bit dry, so I'll figure that out next time...maybe remove it early or cook @ a lower heat? Also did kinda 2/3rds (2 1/2 breasts or 1 full breast 2 small zucchini) ckn portion, but full garlic cream amount (with 1 tsp garlic). Was a little confused about whether it was 3 Full breasts, or 3 1/2 breasts in directions? Anyway, we'll make this again! Oh yeah, we also said we'd maybe add a bit more onion, and maybe garnish with parsley! Thank you!
Made this just as written except I subbed yogurt cheese for the cream cheese. Attractive and very good.