Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
As part of a food project, my high school Spanish students cook an authentic meal for their parents. This is one of the more popular main dish choices.
- 6 chicken breasts
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- 1 cup cooking sherry
- Crush the garlic with the vinegar, cinnamon and clove.
- Wash and dry the chicken breasts.
- Rub them with the garlic, vinegar and spice mixture.
- Wrap bacon around the chicken breasts and secure with a toothpick.
- Place in a casserole dish and add sherry and pepper.
- Bake at 350 for 15 minutes.
- Turn breast over and cook until tender, basting with the sauce in pan.
My husband wanted something a little different, so I choose this recipe. I am sorry but we found very greasey and the sherry over powered the chicken. Thanks for posting tho.