Recipe by morgainegeiser
Kotipoulo me Saltsa Yaourti
Top Review by Maryland Jim
First, we really liked the flavor of this dish. My problem, and mostly it is "my problem" is that the sauce was VERY THIN! Don't know what I did wrong?? Followed instructions and ingredients exactly as written. The walnuts gave a nice touch. May try again. Made for ZWT9 and "The Apron String Travelers".
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 6 chicken breasts, boneless
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 6 scallions, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, minced
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 lb mushroom, sliced
- 2 cups plain yogurt
- 1 cup walnuts, coarsely ground
- 1 lemon, juice of
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a large skillet. Add chicken and season with salt, pepper, and paprika.
- Brown on both sides.
- Add scallions, parsley, chicken stock, and lemon juice; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer covered about 20 minutes, or until chicken is tender.
- Remove chicken and arrange on a serving planter.
- Add mushrooms to the stock. Simmer uncovered 3 minutes.
- Blend in yogurt and walnuts.
- Add a little water if too thick.
- Heat just to warm yogurt; do not boil.
- Pour sauce over chicken.