Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Kotipoulo me Saltsa Yaourti
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 6 chicken breasts, boneless
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 6 scallions, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, minced
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 lb mushroom, sliced
- 2 cups plain yogurt
- 1 cup walnuts, coarsely ground
- 1 lemon, juice of
- Melt butter in a large skillet. Add chicken and season with salt, pepper, and paprika.
- Brown on both sides.
- Add scallions, parsley, chicken stock, and lemon juice; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer covered about 20 minutes, or until chicken is tender.
- Remove chicken and arrange on a serving planter.
- Add mushrooms to the stock. Simmer uncovered 3 minutes.
- Blend in yogurt and walnuts.
- Add a little water if too thick.
- Heat just to warm yogurt; do not boil.
- Pour sauce over chicken.
First, we really liked the flavor of this dish. My problem, and mostly it is "my problem" is that the sauce was VERY THIN! Don't know what I did wrong?? Followed instructions and ingredients exactly as written. The walnuts gave a nice touch. May try again. Made for ZWT9 and "The Apron String Travelers".
Very much enjoyed, I made this exactly as written, other than chopping the breasts into bite-sized pieces, we just prefer chicken that way. I loved the lemon and walnuts in this dish, and the use of yoghurt. A really nice dish to enjoy anytime, made for ZWT9, thank you, teammate!