Recipe by Sydney Mike
This recipe was found on the internet at recipeisland.com.
Top Review by breezermom
I really liked this! Wasn't sure about the type of vinegar, but I used red wine vinegar and loved it. The chicken was super moist. Hard to come by with boneless, skinless breasts! Thanks so much for sharing.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper, to taste
- 2 ounces unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3⁄4 cup wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
Directions See How It's Made
- Season chicken breasts with salt & pepper, to taste.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat then add oil & butter.
- Add chicken & brown on one side, about 8 minutes, then turn over, reduce the heat & cook, covered, at least 10 minutes. Then remove breasts to a serving platter, & keep warm.
- To the skillet add the chopped onion & cook until transluscent, about 5 minutes, then add the wine vinegar & turn heat to medium-low.
- In a small container mix cornstarch with the tablespoon of water & mix thoroughly before adding it to the skillet, stirring to combine. Continue cooking & stirring until slightly thickened, then pour the onion mixture over the chicken breasts & serve.