Recipe by sage, rosemary, and tyme
A variety of tomatoes – red, yellow and orange – give this recipe lots of color and flavor. Serve with your favorite pasta.
Top Review by Vailgirl
this was very good & very easy. i added a cup of yellow onion in with the oil & garlic, 1 cup of white wine when i added the cream, and mushrooms when i added the tomatoes. i also added more black pepper than what the recipe called for. my husband said this is a certain "do again" meal.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh garlic
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1 cup tomatoes, red, yellow and or orange, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup coarsely chopped fresh basil leaf
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- fresh basil leaf, if desired
Directions See How It's Made
- In 10-inch skillet melt butter until sizzling; stir in garlic, salt and pepper. Add chicken breasts. Cook over medium-high heat, turning once, until golden brown (8 to 12 minutes).
- Add tomatoes, 1/4 cup basil and whipping cream. Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until sauce is heated through (4 to 5 minutes).
- Serve with pasta and garnish with basil leaves, if desired.