Recipe by DailyInspiration
When you are in a hurry, this recipe really hits the spot by using commercial Tomatillo Green Salsa. I enjoy this chicken in corn tortillas. Feel free to add extra ingredients. Recipe is from my "James McNair's Favorites" cookbook.
Top Review by Karen Elizabeth
Unable to find a tomatillo-chile salsa here, I eventually found a green jalapeno salsa -- this worked wonderfully for us and the meal was a breeze to put-together, this is a real keeper (esp since I still have a jar of salsa ;) ) but even so, we loved this : I served it over rice but it could be enjoyed in so many ways!!! Thank you for sharing, Nancy, a great success!!!
- 4 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 14.79 ml unsalted butter
- 236.59 ml sour cream (low-fat, but not "no" fat)
- 59.14 ml tomatillo-chile salsa
- freshly grated mexican cheese, for sprinkling
- fresh cilantro, chopped
- corn tortilla, if desired
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse the chicken under cold running water and pat dry with paper toweling. Cut each chicken breast into strips. Set aside.
- In a saute pan or skillet, combine the oil and butter and place over medium heat. When the butter is melted, add the chicken strips and cook, turning frequently, until opaque on all sides, about 3 minutes. Stir in the sour cream and salsa, reduce the heat to very low, and cook until the chicken is tender, but still moist inside and the sour cream and salsa have blended into a thick sauce, about 10 minutes.
- To serve; arrange the chicken on warmed plates or tortillas and sprinkle lightly with cheese and cilantro.