Prep 1 hr 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Not sure where I found this recipe, but it sounded yummy and is only 3.5 WW pts per serving. Actual prep time includes marinating time.
- 1⁄4 teaspoon coriander seed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon gingerroot, peeled and minced
- 2 teaspoons cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- lime zest
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- Crush the coriander and cumin seeds lightly.
- Combine with the ground cumin, minced ginger, cilantro, jalapeno, lime zest and juice, oil, black pepper and salt.
- Put the chicken breasts in a glass dish and pour marinade over.
- Turn the chicken to coat.
- Marinate at room temperature 1 hour or refrigerate for longer marination.
- Heat large nonstick grill pan or skillet over medium heat.
- Remove chicken from marinade, discard marinade.
- When pan is hot, add chicken and cook about 5 to 6 minutes on each side, or until cooked through.
- (Reduce heat slightly if chicken is browning too much.).
Flat out awesome and it met my dietary needs. It is a new kind of cooking for me. Thanks!!!
Loved rthe zing from the lime! Used about 1 tsp of lime zest and added 1/2 tsp of hot pepper flakes to the recipe. I appreciated that the breasts were not cooked with a lot of oil. I just lightly sprayed a non stick skillet and they were done in no time lovely golden color and juicy. I marinated them in the fridge for about 6 hours. Great flavor I will make these again and next time I may try lemon juice & lemon zest., I always love lemon too Thanks Amber!
I made it so hot it made me want to pull out my chest hair ...that I don't have. A total hit!