Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons frozen orange juice concentrate
- 1 teaspoon orange zest, grated
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons red pepper flakes, crushed
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vegetable oil
- In small bowl, combine honey with juice concentrate, orange zest, garlic, salt and red pepper flakes.
- Rinse chicken with cold water and pat dry. Season lightly with salt.
- In large non-stick skillet, heat margarine and oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook about 4 minutes, until seared.
- Turn chicken, cook another 4 minutes until just cooked through.
- Pour honey mixture over chicken and cook, turning chicken to coat as sauce begins to thicken, about 2 min.
- Serve chicken breasts with honey-orange glaze spooned over the top.
This is a lovely little repice. Quite delicious. However I recommend you cook the chicken breasts slowly and don't add the honey glaze until the last 4 to 5 minutes of cooking as it burns very quickly. Keping that in mind, Please try this quick and easy recipe. :)
Made this recipe last night. It came out very well. It was a little on the sweet side..but then again I could not find red pepper flakes and substituted ground red pepper. next time I will add more of the red pepper, and more garlic. I was afraid to use too much! Hubby is just getting used to me cooking things with a little kick! Will definitely make again! Made extra sauce to put over steamed rice, and served with fresh spinach.