Recipe by lazy gourmet
I think this was one of the first "real" dinners I made. My husband states that I could open a restaurant and only serve this...so at least one compliment! Alter the heat with more or less jalepenos and Tabasco.
- 1 green pepper, sliced thin
- 2 jalapenos, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced thin
- 4 chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Tabasco sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Lightly oil a baking pan.
- Place the green pepper, a quarter of the jalepeno, and the garlic in a pan and toss gently to coat with oil and push the vegetables to the side of the pan.
- Add chicken and turn the chicken to coat with oil.
- Place the vegetables on the chicken and bake 30 minutes.
- While chicken is cooking, melt the butter in a sauce pan.
- Add the flour and cook 2-3 minutes until lightly browned, then add the milk and cook over medium heat until thickened.
- Add the cheese and turn off the heat.
- Add the rest of the jalepeno and the Tabasco and stir well.
- Let cool until chicken has finished baking.
- Drain fat off the chicken, and pour the cheese sauce over the chicken and vegetables, and bake 30 more minutes.