Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I don't remember where I got this, but it sure isn't your everyday, normal cranberry chicken!
- 6 chicken breasts
- 1 (15 ounce) can jellied cranberry sauce
- 1⁄2 cup sweet sherry
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken stock
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon grd ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Chinese five spice powder
- 2 teaspoons prepared sweet mustard
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Flatten breasts with mallet (1/4 - 1/2").
- In small saucepan, combine the cranberry sauce, sweet sherry, chicken stock, dry and prepared mustard, ginger, nutmeg, Chinese five spice, and brown sugar.
- Bring to a boil and simmer 10 minutes.
- Melt butter in skillet and saute breasts til lightly browned and cook through.
- Remove from skillet and keep warm.
- Add cranberry mixture to butter in skillet.
- With heat on high, reduce sauce to about half its volume and pour over breasts to serve.
This was AWESOME!
I made this to use up a can of cranberry sauce that my son opened for no apparent reason. It was a very unique flavor, and was easy to put together. I used dry sherry because I didn't have sweet. I thought the sauce or chicken needed salt, but I use unsalted butter and my stock was also a less salt variety, so maybe just salt to taste. Jellied cranberry is not an ingredient I typically have in my pantry, so I don't know if I would return to this recipe or not, but I would definitely recommend it.
Really good. Smelled awesome cooking and tasted even better. I used chicken tenders, but pounded breasts would probably look a bit more elegant.