1/1 Photo of Chicken Breasts With Sour Cream and Jalapenos
A quick and tasty dish from Sue B. Huffman, food editor at Lady's Home Journal. You can use 1-2 jalapenos to taste, or a 4-ounce can of diced green chilies.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pound chicken breast to 1/4 to 1/2 inch thickness.
- 2If using fresh jalapeno, wash and pat dry; seed and remove ribs, if desired. If using canned green chilies: rinse, seed and pat dry. Chop chilies.
- 3Shred enough cheese to measure 1/4 cup.
- 4In small bowl, combine cheese with chilies, chopped cilantro and sour cream.
- 5Set aside.
- 6Preheat broiler.
- 7Line broiler tray with aluminum foil and set aside.
- 8Sprinkle both sides of chicken breasts with salt and pepper to taste.
- 9Combine butter and oil in large heavy-gauge skillet over medium-high heat.
- 10Sauté chicken breasts, 2 at a time, about 5 minutes per side, or until brown.
- 11Transfer to broiler tray.
- 12Top each chicken breast with a generous spoonful of sour-cream mixture.
- 13Broil 4 to 5 inches from heating element about 5 minutes, or until topping bubbles.
- 14Transfer to platter and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Breasts With Sour Cream and Jalapenos
Serving Size: 1 (93 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 177.0
- Calories from Fat 100
- Total Fat 11.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.9 g
- Cholesterol 57.0 mg
- Sodium 132.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 17.6 g