Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is Soooo easy and Sooo good! I get lots of raves on this one.
- 4 chicken breast halves, pounded to 1/4 inch thick
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 3 teaspoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup minced onion
- 1 teaspoon chopped green pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small peeled, chopped tomatoes
- 1 can baby shrimp (with juice)
- Dredge breasts in flour.
- Cook breasts in butter till browned and juices run clear (about 10 minutes).
- Remove and keep warm.
- Add to skillet, onion, green pepper,garlic, and tomato.
- Cook 5 minutes.
- Add shrimp.
- Cook 2 minutes.
- Pour sauce over chicken breasts.
Inez, another great, easy stovetop recipe! I omited the peppers, DH doesn't care for them. And then DH got his hands into making the meal and drained all the liquid from the canned shrimp, argh! I sent him on his way and added a little bit of water; it still tasted good. Served with a side of boxed garlic and olive oil angel hair pasta and salad.
I can easily see why you get raves on this recipe...what a wonderful combination of flavors! Even the children enjoyed this one and that makes it a keeper in my cookbook. I made the recipe exactly as stated and served French Rolls with Honey Butter and NancyB's Potatoes O'Brien to accompany it. Thanks for a winning recipe!!
DH declared this dish ACES. Served with Recipe #33776 and Recipe #29172. In lieu of fresh tomatoes, I used a can of petite diced. Hubby ate the shrimp/tomato sauce with the past and thought it was fabulous. Everyone at the table enjoyed...thanks so much!