Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Super-easy, down-home recipe that looks and tastes gourmet.
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- cooking spray
- 2 -3 cups sliced portabella mushrooms
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Montreal roasted garlic chicken seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 4 (4 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 1⁄4 cups fat-free chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Heat oil in skillet coated with cooking spray over med-high heat.
- Add sliced mushrooms and sauté until cooked through (about 7-10 minutes).
- Remove mushrooms from pan and keep warm.
- Mix together the McCormick Grill Mates Roasted Garlic Montreal Chicken and thyme.
- Rub over chicken breasts.
- Add to pan (spray with a little more cooking spray if pan is very dry).
- Sear at least 5 minutes on first side before turning over.
- Repeat on the other side.
- Continue turning and cooking until chicken is golden brown and just about cooked through (about 20 minutes), adding ¼ cup chicken broth to pan half way through, if necessary.
- With a whisk, combine chicken broth and cornstarch in a cup.
- Add broth and mushrooms to pan with chicken.
- Bring to a boil for 1-2 minutes.
- Cover and simmer for 5-7 minutes as gravy thickens.
- Serving is 1 piece of chicken with about 33 cups of gravy and mushrooms.