Recipe by Oolala
Not sure where I got this recipe but the chicken is sauted and then there are 5 different sauces to use with this dish. I will list each separately.
Top Review by Kasper
With the husband working the night shift, having to feed, bathe, read to and tuck into bed the 3 year old twins, I was famished. I went to my trusty "chicken" cookbook and pulled out this recipe because it seemed quick and simple. Don't let that fool you, this 3 ingredient sauce was so intensely flavorful, it knocked my socks off! Wow, was it good! I can't wait to make it for my husband, I'm sure he will love it as much as I do! This one is going to the TOP of the pile!
For the chicken
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- flour (for dredging)
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil or 1 tablespoon olive oil
For the Sauce
- 1⁄4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄3 cup red wine
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- Season chicken and dredge it in the flour. Shake off excess.
- Mix the sauce ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- In a 12" skillet heat the oil and butter. Increase the heat to medium high before adding the chicken.
- Add the chicken and cook about 4 minutes without moving the chicken. Turn over and cook another 3-4 minutes. Make sure chicken is cooked.
- Transfer to a plate and keep warm.
- Take the bowl with sauce ingredients and add them to the pan and boil stirring and scraping all the browned bits in the pan over high heat until the liquid is smooth and glossy.
- Spoon over the chicken and serve immediately.