Recipe by TasteTester
I always have lots of chicken in the freezer, and this recipe has a wonderful, tangy sauce that livens up sauteed chicken breasts.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 medium boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 1 1/4 pounds total)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 medium shallot, minced (about 1/4 cup)
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons seedless raspberry jam
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- In nonstick 12-inch skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat until hot. Add chicken and sprinkle with salt and pepper; cook 7 minutes. Turn chicken over. Reduce heat to medium; cover and cook 7 minutes longer or until juices run clear when thickest part of chicken is pierced with tip of a knife. Transfer chicken to plate.
- In same skillet, cook shallot 2 minutes, stirring. In a cup, mix broth and cornstarch. Add broth mixture, jam and vinegar to skillet; heat to boiling over medium-high heat. Cook sauce 2 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring. Return chicken to skillet; heat through.