Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Putting this here for safe keeping. Not sure which cookbook this came out of, but I'm dying to try it.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- salt and pepper
- 12 asparagus spears, tough ends removed
- 4 slices prosciutto (thin slices)
- 1 cup grated monterey jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter and oil. Brown chicken about 5 minutes on each side. Season with salt and pepper on both sides.
- In a wide skillet over medium heat, add asparagus and water to cover. Cook, uncovered, until tender-crisp, about 5 minutes. Drain under cold water.
- Transfer chicken to 4 individual 4x6 gratin dishes lightly coated with nonstick cooking spray.
- Lay prosciutto on top of each chicken breast. Place 3 asparagus spears on top of prosciutto. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, until heated through and bubbly, about 25 minutes.