Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Impressive dish with minimal effort involved. Perfect for a dinner party or romantic dinner!
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, halved
- 1⁄4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 small shallot, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 portabella mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Mix together bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese in a shallow dish.
- In a small bowl, beat egg.
- Dip chicken in egg and then breadcrumb mixture.
- Place chicken in baking dish sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
- Heat olive oil over medium high heat in skillet. Add shallot and saute until soft.
- Add mushrooms, parsley, and pepper and cook about 5 minutes, turning once.
- Top chicken with mushroom mixture evenly divided over each piece. Place mozzarella slice evenly over each piece.
- Bake at 425F for 20 minutes or until juices run clear from chicken.
Delicious and so quick and easy. I had to make a few substitutions for what I had around. I used onion instead of a shallot, cilantro instead of parsley, baby Bella mushrooms instead of portabella and provolone instead of mozzarella. It turned out superb. I'll be making this for years to come. Thanks for such a great recipe.
It is very easy and yet very tasty with a feeling of richness. This is the perfect recipe for special occasion!
So easy, yet classy and yummy!