1/1 Photo of Chicken Breasts With Porcini Mushrooms
I prepared this for us 4 for Valentine's Day 2012 and will keep this delicious souvenir here. I roasted at hot temperature the chicken in the skillet and I continue cooking at low temperature in the oven (65°C/150°F). This is not possible with every kind of oven. If you don’t have simply cook the chicken through and serve immediately. Read more about low temperature chicken under: http://www.seriouseats.com/2010/04/sous-vide-basics-low-temperature-chicken.html
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 chicken breasts, skinless butterflied
- 1/2-1 teaspoon spices (herbes de Provences or Mexican Seasoning Mix or)
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 250 g mushrooms, fresh or 250 g frozen porcini mushrooms, in pieces
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup broth
- 1 teaspoon cornflour
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest, grated
- 1 tablespoon chives, chopped (or more or other herbs to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- chives, for decoration
- 1Preheat the oven and one Pyrex at 65°C/150°F.
- 2Rub the chicken with the Mexican spices.
- 3Heat skillet with 1 tablespoon margarine at high temperatures and add the chicken.
- 4Cook the chicken on each side for about 2 minutes until light brown. Set aside in the preheated oven for at least 20 minutes.
- 5In the same skillet add the second tablespoon of margarine.
- 6Add onions and cook until soft.
- 7Add mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes.
- 8Dissolve corn flour in broth.
- 9Now add wine, cream, broth with cornfour, lemon zest, pepper, garlic and chives.
- 10Stir until combined, adjust salt and pepper and place another bowl in the oven until ready to eat.
- 11Just before serving, place the chicken hearth on the plate adjust sauce on the plate and decorate with some chives if you want.
- 12Note: cooking at low temperature will allow you to prepare in advance and have time for your guests as the meat will not dry out rapidly.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Breasts With Porcini Mushrooms
Serving Size: 1 (281 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 453.3
- Calories from Fat 273
- Total Fat 30.3 g
- Saturated Fat 11.9 g
- Cholesterol 133.6 mg
- Sodium 326.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 32.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: