Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Very tasty chicken dish that goes very well with noodles tossed in garlic, butter & and herbs
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 pinch ground pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 20 g paprika
- 1 sliced onion
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 2 teaspoons tomato paste
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 300 ml chicken stock
- 100 ml plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 small tomatoes, finely diced
- 50 g butter
- Season chicken with salt, ground white pepper and some of the paprika.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan and fry the breats until golden brown. Remove from the pan - keep warm.
- In the same pan add the garlic, onion and peppers and gently fry until cooked.
- Stir in the remainder of the paprika and the tomato paste.
- Add the chicken stock, boil and then simmer for 5- 8 minutes.
- Add the yogurt and check the seasoning - salt and pepper if necessary.
- Arrange the warm breasts in a serving dish and pour the sauce over.
- Garnish with the chopped tomato.
And excellent meal served with salad and noodles. Simple enough for a weekday family meal and tasty enough to serve to company on the weekend.
Incredibly good! The aroma alone makes for a five. Made as posted. Served with a green salad this made for a wonderful meal. I arranged the chicken breasts on a white platter, the sauce spooned over. It made for one impressive entree, so appealing, flavorful and great tasting - a company quality meal! Thank you for sharing a recipe that will wow my family and friends.