Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 17 mins
sounds great doesn't it
Make and share this Chicken Breasts with Mustard-Caper Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about2 pounds total)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup drained capers
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Season chicken on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Add chicken to skillet; cook about 5-6 minutes per side or until internal temperature reaches 170 degrees on an instant-read thermometer when inserted into chicken.
- Remove to platter and keep warm Add broth, capers, rosemary and thyme to skillet; cook over medium-high heat, scraping up any browned bits from bottom of skillet, for 5 minutes.
- Remove skillet from heat; stir in the mustard, butter and honey just until the butter is incorporated; butter should not completely melt and sauce should be frothy and somewhat thick.
- Pour sauce over chicken.
- Serve immediately with couscous, if desired.
I used chicken cutlets and the timing was perfect. Leftovers were great the next day as well. Good sauce for fish too.
This was very good and not to heavy of a sauce. Will definitely repeat! Thanks for posting it!
This is great... I cut the chicken in cubes to allow the flavors to permeate... love the combo of spices and capers.