Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Simple dish from Elegant Meals With Inexpensive Meats.
- 3 whole boneless skinless chicken breasts
- white pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 lb mushroom, sliced
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄2 cup swiss cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 1 dash paprika
- cherry tomatoes, garnishment
- green onion, thinly sliced
- Sprinkle chicken breasts on all sides with salt, white pepper and nutmeg. In a large frying pan, heat together butter and oil. Add chicken breasts and brown lightly; turn, add mushrooms and shallots around chicken, and continue cooking until chicken breasts are lightly browned on both sides.
- Pour on wine. Cover and simmer 15 to 20 minutes, just until chicken is cooked through. Using a slotted spoon, remove chicken to a warm. serving dish; keep warm. Bring liquid to boiling, stirring until reduced by about half (about 6 minutes). Mix in cheese, cream and paprika. Cook over moderate heat, stirring, until cheese melts and sauce is slightly thickened. Salt sauce to taste. Spoon over chicken. Garnish with cherry tomatoes and a sprinkling of green onions.
WOW! This was a really great recipe! Thank you! I was worried that my 4 and 6 year old wouldn't eat it but they went for seconds. I followed the recipe exactly. I used Chardonnay and an Amish Swiss cheese. I also used an organic heavy cream and thought it would be too much but it was just perfect. I can't wait to make it again! I didn't put the green onions on top in fear my kids would say "yuck" and not eat but the shallots were perfect and it didn't even need the scallions.
LOVED This! I used chardonnay wine and porcini, oyster, and portabella mushrooms.It is very rich and easy to make. This will definitely impress company. I wish I could give this more stars!
We loved this recipe! I used baby portabella mushrooms and some wonderful imported swiss cheese. This recipe is SUPER easy and has fantastic results! Thanks Lazyme!!!!