Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
I ate this at one of my favorite restaurants in Bulgaria. Simply delicious.
Make and share this Chicken Breasts With Mushrooms in Creamy Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 4 chicken breasts
- 300 ml heavy cream
- 100 g baby pickles
- 150 g bacon (cut into pieces)
- 1⁄2 small onion (chopped)
- 1⁄3 lb sliced mushrooms
- 100 g shredded swiss cheese or 100 g mild white cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons butter
- white pepper
- 1 teaspoon dry basil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Using meat tenderizer, thin the chicken breasts.
- In a bowl mix the lemon juice, soy sauce, white pepper and basil and marinate the meat for about 20 min in the refrigerator.
- Melt butter in a pan and brown the meat on each side.
- Place meat on 4 plates and sprinkle on top with the cheese.
- In the same where you browned the meat, heat up the olive oil and saute the onions, mushrooms and bacon. Add the cream and season with white pepper and basil. Turn down the heat and simmer till the sauce thickens.
- Pour sauce over meat and serve.