Recipe by Lorrie in Montreal
Top Review by pgarrison12
This was just ok. The sauce was very dark (from the m'room?) and wasn't attractive looking at all. I absolutely love chicken and mushrooms, but this didn't have much flavor, even tho I love tarragon and kept adding more. Sorry, but I won't make this again.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb assorted mushroom (white and cremini, trimmed and sliced, shiitake, stems removed and caps sliced)
- 1 large shallot, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon or 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 small boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1-1/2 lbs)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
Directions See How It's Made
- In 12-inch skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat.
- Add mushrooms and shallot and cook, stirring occasionally, until mushrooms are golden brown and any liquid has been evaporated, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Transfer mushroom mixture to bowl.
- On waxed paper, combine flour, 1 tablespoon chopped tarragon, salt and pepper; use flour mixture to coat chicken, shaking off excess.
- In same skillet, heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil over medium-heat until very hot.
- Add chicken and cook until chicken is golden brown and loses its pink color throughout, about 4 minutes per side.
- Transfer chicken to warm platter.
- Add broth, wine, remaining 1 tablespoon chopped tarragon, and mushroom mixture to skillet; cook 1 minute, stirring until browned bits are loosened from bottom of skillet.
- Pour sauce over chicken.