Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Chicken and mushrooms...mmm....
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 4 chicken breasts, with ribs
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 (6 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 small onion, sliced thin
- 4 white potatoes, sliced
- 1 sprig parsley
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Heat oil in large skillet. Brown chicken until skin is golden, reserve oil in pan. Transfer to a baking dish.
- Sprinkle chicken with 1 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Saute mushrooms in oil that chicken was browned. Remove mushrooms from pan with slotted spoon, still reserving oil in pan. Spoon mushrooms over chicken.
- Cover chicken and bake 30 minutes.
- Remove chicken from oven and pour evaporated milk over chicken and mushrooms. Return to oven and bake an additional 30 minutes.
- While chicken is cooking, saute onions in oil until clear.
- Add potatoes and fry until tender. Sprinkle with remaining teaspoon of salt and 1/4 teaspoon of pepper.
- Garnish with parsley.