Recipe by Laurielp1
This tasty meal leaves no leftovers at my house. Also, it is easy to adapt to low-cal by substituting low fat or low cal ingredients. The flavors will still be bold and tasty!
- 8 ounces linguine or 8 ounces angel hair pasta
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2⁄3 cup Italian dressing
- 1⁄3 cup balsamic vinaigrette
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb broccoli floret, cooked tender-crisp
- 1 large tomatoes
- 1 -2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour both salad dressings into a zipper bag.
- Pierce chicken breasts with fork and place in bag with dressing. Shake to coat and marinate at least 30 minutes or up to 4 hours in refrigerator.
- After marinating, with chicken still in bag, carefully flatten breasts slightly with mallet or rolling pin to a uniform thickness so they all cook at the same rate.
- Cook pasta according to pkg. directions. Drain and mix with butter to coat well. Set aside and keep warm.
- While pasta is cooking, heat olive oil in large skillet.
- Remove chicken from marinade and discard excess liquid; add chicken to pan and cook 8-10 minutes or just until it is no longer pink in center, turning just once.
- Cut tomato in half and then thinly slice halves.
- Layer tomatoes over chicken, slightly overlapping slices.
- Place broccoli on top of tomatoes and top with mozzarella cheese.
- Cover pan and cook on med-low heat until cheese is melted. (if you use a cast iron pan you can put it uncovered in the broiler for 3-5 minutes till cheese is bubbly.).
- Add parmesan cheese to pasta and toss to coat.
- Plate the pasta and place a breast half on top, using a wide spatula to carefully remove it from the pan with it's toppings.