Recipe by Baby Chevelle
Recipe comes from local paper. Meyer lemons are a cross between a lemon and a mandarin orange. They are sweeter than a lemon and are called a true lemon they have a pure, true lemon flavor.Look for them in your local supermarket. You can freeze the juice for future use. I think you will love them. They do have a distictive flavor, they have no bitter aftertaste, and make great lemonade, be sure to use less sugar.
Top Review by daisygirl0210
I made this dish exactly as directed.... I exceeded my expectations so much! I boiled up some thin spaghetti and served the chicken and sauce over the top of it. Oh my goodness, it was sooo delish! Thank you very much for sharing!
- 1⁄4 cup fresh meyer lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 6 boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest
- 12 thin lemon slices, pitted
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- In a shallow glass or ceramic dish, stir together lemon juice and garlic.
- Add chicken, turning to coat both sides with the mixture. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, stir together flour,salt and pepper.
- Dip chicken sin seasoned flour to coat lightly.
- In a large frying pan heat oil over medium heat.
- Remove chicken from marinade; cook chicken until it browns lightly, turning once to brown both sides.
- Arrange, skin side up, in a 13x9 inch glass or ceramic baking pan.
- Sprinkle lemon zest over chicken, top each peice with 2 lemon slices.
- Pour chicken broth into hot frying pan, stirring to scrape up any borwn bits.
- Pour broth over chicken; sprinkle brown sugar on top.
- Bake basting once with the broth, until the chicken is no longer pink and the top is golden brown, about 40 minutes.
- Remove and discard lemon slices.
- Spoon some of the pan juices over each breast; serve with lemon wedges, so lemon juice can be sprinkled on top is disired.