1 hr 55 mins
1 hr 15 mins
Baby Chevelle's Note:
Recipe comes from local paper. Meyer lemons are a cross between a lemon and a mandarin orange. They are sweeter than a lemon and are called a true lemon they have a pure, true lemon flavor.Look for them in your local supermarket. You can freeze the juice for future use. I think you will love them. They do have a distictive flavor, they have no bitter aftertaste, and make great lemonade, be sure to use less sugar.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup fresh meyer lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 6 boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest
- 12 thin lemon slices, pitted
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
- 1In a shallow glass or ceramic dish, stir together lemon juice and garlic.
- 2Add chicken, turning to coat both sides with the mixture. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour.
- 3Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 4In a medium bowl, stir together flour,salt and pepper.
- 5Dip chicken sin seasoned flour to coat lightly.
- 6In a large frying pan heat oil over medium heat.
- 7Remove chicken from marinade; cook chicken until it browns lightly, turning once to brown both sides.
- 8Arrange, skin side up, in a 13x9 inch glass or ceramic baking pan.
- 9Sprinkle lemon zest over chicken, top each peice with 2 lemon slices.
- 10Pour chicken broth into hot frying pan, stirring to scrape up any borwn bits.
- 11Pour broth over chicken; sprinkle brown sugar on top.
- 12Bake basting once with the broth, until the chicken is no longer pink and the top is golden brown, about 40 minutes.
- 13Remove and discard lemon slices.
- 14Spoon some of the pan juices over each breast; serve with lemon wedges, so lemon juice can be sprinkled on top is disired.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Breasts With Meyer Lemons
Serving Size: 1 (213 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 324.0
- Calories from Fat 94
- Total Fat 10.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 82.3 mg
- Sodium 646.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 32.8 g