1 hr 55 mins
1 hr 15 mins
Baby Chevelle's Note:
Recipe comes from local paper. Meyer lemons are a cross between a lemon and a mandarin orange. They are sweeter than a lemon and are called a true lemon they have a pure, true lemon flavor.Look for them in your local supermarket. You can freeze the juice for future use. I think you will love them. They do have a distictive flavor, they have no bitter aftertaste, and make great lemonade, be sure to use less sugar.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup fresh meyer lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 6 boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest
- 12 thin lemon slices, pitted
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
- 1In a shallow glass or ceramic dish, stir together lemon juice and garlic.
- 2Add chicken, turning to coat both sides with the mixture. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour.
- 3Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 4In a medium bowl, stir together flour,salt and pepper.
- 5Dip chicken sin seasoned flour to coat lightly.
- 6In a large frying pan heat oil over medium heat.
- 7Remove chicken from marinade; cook chicken until it browns lightly, turning once to brown both sides.
- 8Arrange, skin side up, in a 13x9 inch glass or ceramic baking pan.
- 9Sprinkle lemon zest over chicken, top each peice with 2 lemon slices.
- 10Pour chicken broth into hot frying pan, stirring to scrape up any borwn bits.
- 11Pour broth over chicken; sprinkle brown sugar on top.
- 12Bake basting once with the broth, until the chicken is no longer pink and the top is golden brown, about 40 minutes.
- 13Remove and discard lemon slices.
- 14Spoon some of the pan juices over each breast; serve with lemon wedges, so lemon juice can be sprinkled on top is disired.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Breasts With Meyer Lemons
Serving Size: 1 (213 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 324.0
- Calories from Fat 94
- Total Fat 10.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 82.3 mg
- Sodium 646.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 32.8 g