Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Adapted from a well known Kiwi chef, great flavours.
Make and share this Chicken Breasts with Marsala & Kalamata Olives recipe from Food.com.
- 4 single skinless chicken breasts
- 44.37 ml flour
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 14.79 ml butter
- fresh ground black pepper
- 14.79 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 4 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 59.14 ml kalamata olive, stoned and chopped
- 14.79 ml fresh marjoram or 7.39 ml dried marjoram
- 2 vine ripened tomatoes, diced (scrape out seeds before dicing)
- 59.14 ml dry marsala
- Cut each chicken breast into three pieces of even thickness (cut off tail end as one piece then slit other piece through the middle) Coat with flour shaking off any excess Set large skillet over a medium heat, when hot add the 2 Tbsp olive oil and the 1 Tbsp butter.
- When the butter is sizzling add the chicken.
- Cook for about 5 minutes each side until golden and cooked through.
- Transfer chicken to a warmed plate when done, season with salt and pepper.
- Let pan cool a little, if the pan is dry add the extra virgin olive oil (if pan has oily residue you wont need to) Add the garlic, cook for a few minutes, then add the olives marjoram and tomatoes.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes, then add the marsala and let mixture bubble up.
- Pour over chicken breasts and serve immediately.
This is a quick and delicious meal! I made it for two but kept the sauce amounts the same. I used 2 roma tomatoes and left the seeds in. This could be multiplied easily and become a great potluck meal! Thanks so much for sharing!
This was a hit! Simple and flavorful. I actually did not have marsala, so I used broth and it worked out really well. thanks for posting. I will make again!!
This came together relatively easy and it was so good with some garlic rice that I made as a side. I substituted basil for the marjoram, as I didn't have any in the cupboard. We loved the addition of the olives and tomatoes, and we will have this again I guarantee it! Thanks!