Recipe by Evie*
Adapted from a well known Kiwi chef, great flavours.
Top Review by Gail11
This is a quick and delicious meal! I made it for two but kept the sauce amounts the same. I used 2 roma tomatoes and left the seeds in. This could be multiplied easily and become a great potluck meal! Thanks so much for sharing!
- 4 single skinless chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup kalamata olive, stoned and chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh marjoram or 1⁄2 tablespoon dried marjoram
- 2 vine ripened tomatoes, diced (scrape out seeds before dicing)
- 1⁄4 cup dry marsala
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut each chicken breast into three pieces of even thickness (cut off tail end as one piece then slit other piece through the middle) Coat with flour shaking off any excess Set large skillet over a medium heat, when hot add the 2 Tbsp olive oil and the 1 Tbsp butter.
- When the butter is sizzling add the chicken.
- Cook for about 5 minutes each side until golden and cooked through.
- Transfer chicken to a warmed plate when done, season with salt and pepper.
- Let pan cool a little, if the pan is dry add the extra virgin olive oil (if pan has oily residue you wont need to) Add the garlic, cook for a few minutes, then add the olives marjoram and tomatoes.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes, then add the marsala and let mixture bubble up.
- Pour over chicken breasts and serve immediately.