Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
These can be grilled or broiled. Cook time does not include marinating time.
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 chicken breast halves, boneless, skinless
- 1⁄2 cup pure maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons whiskey (I use Jack Daniel's)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Rub thyme over both sides of chicken breasts.
- Combine syrup, whiskey and oil. Pour over chicken breasts.
- Marinate breasts in the refrigerator for several hours.
- Grill or broil breasts, about 6 minutes per side, basting frequently with marinade for a shiny brown glaze. (glaze will burn easily if not watched carefully).
Yum! This made a very moist and tasty sweet chicken. I used 6 frozen boneless skinless chicken breast tenders...mixed the thyme into the marinade...put it all in a ziploc bag...and let it marinate and defrost at the same time for a couple hours at room temperature. I broiled them. The thyme and maple flavors are dominate...I couldn't really taste the whiskey (I used Jim Beam) which was fine with me but my Hubby would have liked to. Made for kittencalskitchen.com tag game.
Yummy and easy to make. I made as directed using Jack Daniels and we all enjoyed this. Next time I would marinate the breasts like another reviewer did to try and get more of the flavor through the chicken.
Loved the flavors! I didn't watch carefully like it says in step #4 so it did flare up. But still was delicious and tasty. A tad bit on the dry side...my doing...next time I will hang closer to the grill. :) Thanks for posting.