Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Recipe is from my new Hamilton Beach 3 in One Slow Cooker. ---- NOTE: Recipe is for the 2-quart cooker; for larger pots, please double the recipe! ---------------- Per Chef BuggsyMate's review, I've reduced the paprika amount from 2-3 tablespoons smoked paprika to 1 tablespoon! If you want your chicken extra smokey, please use more --
- 3 chicken breasts (skin on, bone-in, and cut in half ~ rinsed and patted dry)
- 1 lemon, juice of (zest optional)
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika (optional)
- 2 -3 garlic cloves (minced ~ optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper (freshly ground)
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- Note: For easier serving, cut chicken breasts in half before crocking!
- Place skin on, bone-in chicken breasts in the 2-quart stoneware slow cooker dish. (For larger pots, please double the recipe!).
- Pour lemon juice (and optional zest) over chicken breasts.
- Sprinkle with paprika, optional minced garlic and red pepper flakes, salt and pepper.
- Top with rosemary sprig.
- Cook on LOW for approximately 4 hours, or on HIGH for 3 1/2 hours, or until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 180F on a meat thermometer.
- Serves 6.
I used boneless, skinless chicken breast. It is quite amazing how much sauce/juice was generated in the crockpot; the lemony flavour was great and we used the sauce to spoon over a side serving of rice.I would recommend to reduce the cooking time to 2-2.5 hours if using boneless chicken.
Made this for dinner tonight using boneless, skinless chicken breasts. I went out to cut some rosemary, but unfortunately the entire bush was dead, so I had to use dry rosemary instead. The only thing I will do differently next time is to cut back on the paprika. We all felt that it overpowered the lemon and rosemary in this dish. Thanks for posting this recipe. Made and reviewed for the 71st AUS/NZ Recipe Swap.
It's magic how the delicious lemon sauce appears...poof...out of nowhere! Think this would be good without the paprika - will try with just the lemon and rosemary in the future. Nice easy recipe!