Recipe by Kerfuffle-Upon-Wincle
Recipe is from my new Hamilton Beach 3 in One Slow Cooker. ---- NOTE: Recipe is for the 2-quart cooker; for larger pots, please double the recipe! ---------------- Per Chef BuggsyMate's review, I've reduced the paprika amount from 2-3 tablespoons smoked paprika to 1 tablespoon! If you want your chicken extra smokey, please use more --
Top Review by Deantini
I used boneless, skinless chicken breast. It is quite amazing how much sauce/juice was generated in the crockpot; the lemony flavour was great and we used the sauce to spoon over a side serving of rice.I would recommend to reduce the cooking time to 2-2.5 hours if using boneless chicken.
- 3 chicken breasts (skin on, bone-in, and cut in half ~ rinsed and patted dry)
- 1 lemon, juice of (zest optional)
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika (optional)
- 2 -3 garlic cloves (minced ~ optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper (freshly ground)
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
Directions See How It's Made
- Note: For easier serving, cut chicken breasts in half before crocking!
- Place skin on, bone-in chicken breasts in the 2-quart stoneware slow cooker dish. (For larger pots, please double the recipe!).
- Pour lemon juice (and optional zest) over chicken breasts.
- Sprinkle with paprika, optional minced garlic and red pepper flakes, salt and pepper.
- Top with rosemary sprig.
- Cook on LOW for approximately 4 hours, or on HIGH for 3 1/2 hours, or until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 180F on a meat thermometer.
- Serves 6.