Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is easy enough to do on a week night and glamorous enough to have at a dinner party.
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄3 cup brandy
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of (to taste)
- Combine flour and oregano.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Wash chicken and pat dry.
- Dredge in seasoned flour, shaking off excess.
- Melt 4 tblsps butter in heavy, large skillet over medium heat.
- Add chicken and cook until springy to touch, about 8 minutes per side.
- Increase heat.
- Add lemon juice and brandy to skillet.
- Tilt skillet and ignite brandy to flambé.
- When flames subside, remove chicken.
- Whisk remaining 4 tblsps butter into sauce, 1 tblsp at a time.
- Pour sauce over chicken and sprinkle with chopped parsley.
This dish is very tasty and easy to make. I did not flambe` it and it was still great.
Simple yet tasty chicken. I liked the blend of brandy and lemon flavor, which perked up this chicken and made it a pretty golden color..
Delicious and simple to make. The sauce was light and the flavors blended well. Definitely "company quality" taste.