Recipe by COOKGIRl
From californialavender.com The original recipe did not specify the type of mustard so I chose Dijon. A grainy brown mustard would probably work well in this chicken dish.
Top Review by realbirdlady
A pretty entree. I used skinless breast, and the glaze came out a lovely golden pink. For me, this was too sweet. The only taste was the honey, not the mustard or lavender. (I used wildflower honey, not a strongly flavored one.) It is an easy dish, scalable down to one or up to a dinner party, and good as leftovers, so I might try again to better balance the flavors..
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 tablespoon dried lavender flowers, slightly crushed
- fresh lavender flowers (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Melt butter in small saucepan over low-medium heat.
- Add honey, dried lavender and Dijon mustard, stirring until mixture is smooth. Set aside to infuse for 15 minutes.
- Arrange chicken breasts, skin side up, in shallow baking dish. Pour honey mixture evenly over chicken. Bake for 35-45 minutes, basting every 15 minutes, or until crispy and golden brown.
- Garnish with a few stems of lavender if desired.