Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Melanie Barnard in BH&G april 2008.
- 1⁄3 cup chopped flat-leaf Italian parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- In a bowl, stir together parsley, oregano, lemon peel and garlic. Set aside.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- heat skillet to medium high heat. Cook chicken 3 minutes on each side in butter. Transfer to plate. Remove skillet from heat. Stir in half herb mixture. Return to heat, add broth and bring to a boil. Stir to scrape up bits from the bottom. return chicken to pan, reduce heat and simmer, covered for 8 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
- Serve with pan sauce. sprinkle with remaining herb mixture.
I picked this recipe from Recipezaar at the same time my wife picked it from BH&G. We make it with Chicken tenderloins and serve over rice.