1/3 Photos of Chicken Breasts With Herb Stuffing
This chicken is a delicious spring-like dish. Use the earliest herbs in your garden or buy your favourite kinds. From Food and Drink Magazine. Hope you enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 2 cups Baby Spinach
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon
- 2 tablespoons fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 boneless chicken breasts, skin on
- 1Preheat oven to 425ºF.
- 2In a food processor or by hand, combine garlic, spinach, parsley, chives, tarragon, bread crumbs, orange zest, orange juice, mustard, salt, pepper and 2 tbsp olive oil. Reserve 1 tbsp oil to fry chicken.
- 3Insert a sharp knife into the thick end of each chicken breast and cut a lengthwise pocket 3/4 of the way across chicken breast.
- 4Lay breast flat open and spread with about 2 tbsps spinach mixture.
- 5Fold breast back together.
- 6Season breasts with salt and pepper. Reserve any leftover spinach mixture.
- 7Set ovenproof skillet on medium-high heat and add remaining oil.
- 8Add chicken, skin-side down and fry until crisp and golden, about 2 minutes.
- 9Flip breasts over and place skillet in oven.
- 10Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until juices run clear.
- 11Remove chicken from skillet.
- 12Skim any fat and add orange juice, orange zest and vermouth.
- 13Bring to boil scraping up any sticky bits on the base of pan.
- 14Reduce until syrupy, about 1 minute.
- 15Add cream and bring to boil.
- 16Stir in reserved spinach mixture.
- 17Reduce until slightly thickened.
- 18Season to taste.
- 19Serve chicken and drizzle with sauce.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Breasts With Herb Stuffing
Serving Size: 1 (256 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 496.5
- Calories from Fat 316
- Total Fat 35.2 g
- Saturated Fat 12.2 g
- Cholesterol 133.5 mg
- Sodium 187.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 32.9 g